Please join HLAA as the one of the first steps to doing something about your hearing loss.
As a member of HLAA you are part of an organization with a mission to provide information, support and advocacy to people with hearing loss. Through our advocacy work at the federal level, we represent 48 million people with hearing loss in the United States.
- Hearing Loss Magazine – the bimonthly magazine full of information about the latest technology, products and information about how to live well with hearing loss. Read stories from people who have hearing loss as well as articles from leading professionals in the field. HLAA members have access to the digital, online version of Hearing Loss Magazine before it arrives in the mail. Users can adjust browsers to suit individual needs, especially for people with low vision who need online access. Members can view Hearing Loss Magazine online through the HLAA Online Portal.
- Discounted rate to the annual Hearing Loss Association of America Convention held in various cities across the country.
- Discounts on hearing aids and cell phone data plans (descriptions follow)
- Educational opportunities such as Leadership Training and the Hearing Loss Support Specialist Training
- The support found in our large chapter network.
- The tangible results of our work with laws and policies that impact people with hearing loss.
- The knowledge that you are an active participant in a highly-respected organization that is a force for change working on behalf of people with hearing loss
- Online activities such as HLAA Webinars (captioned), chat rooms, groups for young adults, parents, surveys, HLAA e-News, and more.
- Participation in advocacy campaigns as a member of HLAA.
Free HLAA Memberships for Veterans
HLAA offers free memberships to all veterans who have hearing loss due to military service. For more information go to http://www.hearingloss.org/content/veterans